Hi! I miss writing on here!
I’ve been busy between starting a new job at a wine and cheese shop (which is so fun, I’m loving it so far!) and studying for my certified sommelier exam. I went to NYC last week to take the exam and sadly I did not have the outcome I wanted. I did pass 2/3 parts of the exam, which I was proud of, but need to work on my blind tasting skills. I do plan to re-take the exam, so stay tuned for hopefully a better result 🙂
Anyways! I hope everyone is staying healthy over the holiday season. Seems like everyone I know right now is dealing with covid in one way or another, but on the brightside all seem to be pretty mild cases. I think the collective consensus is everyone is very over dealing with this ish..Who would of thought, almost 2 YEARS later?! *sigh* I digress. Well if you happen to be stuck at home at the moment, here is a recipe to cheer you up!
Basically my play on a classic muddy buddies recipe, but instead of just rice chex I added in some fun ingredients, pretzels and christmas colored m&m’s. I’m a huge fan of anything sweet + salty and let me tell you, this stuff is serious CRACK.
This recipe is also so simple and comes together in about 5 minutes. First, in a microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Melt in 40 second intervals until nice and smooth.
What I picture heaven to look like…Allow this chocolate to cool for just a couple minutes.
In a large bowl add in the chex, pretzels, and m&m’s. FYI I used honey rice chex cause it was all I could find. Tasted fine to me!
Now the fun part, pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over and toss to combine.
And try not to eat it at this step! I know it looks tempting.
In intervals, place the powdered sugar in the bottom of a zip lock bag and add in the chex mixture. Seal that baby shut and toss away! Make sure the bag is securely sealed..may or may not have had a slight mishap when I did this..
Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet and allow to cool for about an hour.
Add some more m&m’s on top if you”re feeling festive! This is the perfect treat to gift to a friend, or put out for the whole family to enjoy. In the spirit of Christmas, no holiday in my family is complete without a batch of my maple soy chex mix. So I highly recommend you make that as well!
Serves..up to you..this stuff is addicting!
- 1 12.5 oz box rice chex cereal
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 1.5 cups m+m’s
- 1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter (not the natural kind! Jiff or skippy works)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl combine peanut butter and chocolate chips. Melt in 40 second intervals until nice and smooth. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine rice chex, pretzels, m&m’s, pour peanut butter chocolate mixture over, and toss to coat.
- In intervals if needed place the ingredients in a ziplock bag with the powdered sugar and shake to coat all the pieces. Spread out on a baking sheet and allow to cool at room temperature for about an hour (or you can expedite this process in the fridge for about 20 minutes). Serve at room temp and enjoy!
The perfect snack to whip up this weekend!
I hope everyone has a good weekend, stay healthy out there! I have a few recipes coming up within the next couple of weeks so be on the lookout for those! Including my favorite citrus salad, a make-ahead breakfast casserole, and a quick easy dinner recipe.