I am sure you have seen by now the viral salmon rice recipe going around tik tok.. or maybe you haven’t because you aren’t addicted to watching tik tok videos like I am..ANYWAYS, let me explain..
Emily Mariko, a tik tok celeb, created this salmon rice bowl that basically mimics a spicy salmon roll in bowl-form. And you just KNOW I had to try it out for myself.
I knew I wanted to spice it up a bit and create a delicious soy marinade for the salmon. Enter in,
Easy Soy Ginger Salmon
Baked to perfection! This salmon has such delicate but delicious soy flavor with a nice pop from garlic, ginger, and sriracha. It’s so delicious and the perfect easy, weeknight meal.
Placed on a bed of white rice with some fun garnishes and boom, you have yourself an elevated version of the viral tiktok recipe. In the video she mashes the salmon up with the rice which I’m assuming tastes good, but theres something about mashing up your food just makes it way less appealing to me.
For the marinade in a dish went garlic, ginger, lime juice, lime zest, honey, sriracha, mirin, and soy sauce.
Then I lightly season 1 pound of salmon with salt and pepper.
Place the salmon in the marinade, cover, and let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes but up to 3 hours.
I’m not sure why I chose to transfer the salmon to a different dish, but feel free to just bake it in the same pan you marinade it in!
Bake for 15 minutes at 375
Take the salmon out and then spoon more of the marinade over the salmon. This ensures the salmon to be nice and flavorful and soak up as much of the marinade as possible.
Back in the oven for 7-10 more minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon and how you like it cooked. I like mine to be about medium and because of the thickness of this piece that took about another 9 minutes.
Then garnish as desired! To create the bowl you will need the following:
- Sesame Seeds
- White rice
- Dried Seaweed
- Kewpie mayo (a Japanese mayo made with egg yolks that makes it extra rich and flavorful. I’ve seen this sold at Wegmans!)
- Pickled ginger
- Sliced cucumber
This combination was so delicious. Tasted like an elevated version of a spicy salmon roll. I have a feeling this salmon recipe will become apart of your regular meal rotation. I know I will definitely be making this again soon because it was so tasty.
Easy Soy Ginger Salmon
- 1 pound filet of salmon, skin removed
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds, Scallions, White rice, Dried Seaweed, Kewpie mayo, Sriracha, Pickled ginger, Sliced cucumber, Avocado
- Combine the ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest, honey, mirin, sriracha, and soy sauce together. Lightly season the salmon filet with salt and pepper. Place filet in marinade and coat both sides. Cover and marinade for 30 minutes-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Either in the same marinade dish or on a baking sheet place the salmon in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spoon more of the marinade over the top of the salmon. Place back in the oven for an additional 7-10 minutes depending on thickness of salmon.
- When out of the oven, spoon the marinade over the salmon and serve with garnishes of your choice.
I hope you enjoy!