Happy almost weekend! I have a delicious, healthy salad recipe to share with you all :
Fall Glow Salad!
I’m always looking for a fun, healthy salad recipe I can make to bring to work with me and this one is delicious. The fall vibes come from the apples and cheddar cubes (yes, I said cheddar cubes) and the vinaigrette is made with apple cider vinegar and a bit of maple syrup. There’s lots of fun textures and flavors that you won’t even realize you’re eating a lot of raw cauliflower.
I like to buy the pre-riced cauliflower for this salad because it has a nice dry texture that holds up to the vinaigrette in the salad. I wouldn’t recommend using frozen riced cauliflower for this because it would be way too watery. They sell this pre-riced cauliflower at most stores. You could also substitute a cooked grain for this salad like brown rice or quinoa if you prefer!
I start off my roasting sweet potatoes and chickpeas to add to the salad. The sweet potatoes I just toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and the chickpeas and tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, and cinnamon. The cinnamon adds such a subtle savory flavor to the salad.
Roasted at 425 for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Yum! Crispy chickpeas are so delicious. They make a great snack too!
Moving onto my favorite part of the salad, the diced apples and cheddar. You could just grate the cheddar but I’m telling you eating cheddar cubes in a salad is a total game changer. And everyone knows apples and cheddar are such a delicious combination.
Next step is to mix up the maple dijon vinaigrette: which is just apple cider, dijon mustard, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Then just mix all the salad ingredients together. First add the kale and add a bit of the vinaigrette to massage the kale. Massaging the kale helps to break down the fibers and make it more palatable.
After! See the difference? It also shrinks down the volume a bit.
You know I love me a good salad presentation!
Toss to combine!
So delicious! So many flavors and textures, the perfect fall salad for lunch!
Fall Glow Salad
- 1 pound bag riced cauliflower (fresh, not frozen)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can 15oz chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 4oz block of cheddar, cut into small cubes (or grated)
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Olive oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper
Maple Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425. On a large baking sheet on one side add sweet potatoes and toss with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. On the other side of the baking sheet add the chickpeas, toss with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, the cinnamon, and cayenne.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through until the potatoes are cooked and chickpeas are nice and crispy. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk all ingredients of the vinaigrette together. Season to taste.
- Add the kale to a large bowl and add a bit of the vinaigrette. Use your hands to massage the kale for 1 minute to help break down the fibers.
- Add all other salad ingredients to a large bowl with the sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Add vinaigrette and toss to combine. Season to taste and serve!
I hope you give this salad a try! I have another fun cauliflower recipe coming soon too!
Have a great weekend everyone 🙂
4 thoughts on “Fall Glow Salad”
I feel healthy just looking at this!
Im salavating! This looks absolutely delicious!!! Can’t wait to make this!!
Made this and actually was ok with eating kale (not my favorite)! Usually salad doesn’t keep for leftovers but this one held up over a few days – even the apples kept their color. I’m strange and don’t like cold fruits or veggies, so on day two I just took it out of the fridge a few hours before eating and it was fine.
I’m glad you liked it! Yes it does keep well for a few days 🙂