I have a super easy salad recipe for you today that is perfect for corn season!
I LOVE corn. Anyone else? Especially in the month of August, give me all the corn.
The thing that makes this salad unique is the charred lime vinaigrette. While the corn is grilling you also grill the flesh of the limes for an added slightly charred flavor to the salad. It’s so delicious.
You just want the corn to get charred on all sides and then it is ready to remove from the grill.
Next up is to make the charred lime vinaigrette which could not be easier. I also love to make my dressings in the bottom of the bowl that I’m going to serve the salad in. One less dish to clean!
In the bowl went the charred lime juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Next cut the corn off of the cob, add it directly to the dressing, and toss it together.
Then add in the avocado, arugula, and red onion and toss all together! I created this salad recipe before realizing there is apparently a recall on red onions, so feel free to use scallions instead!
So simple and so tasty! Make sure to season to taste with salt and pepper before serving. I served this salad with my infamous (only to me lol) lobster rolls! It is really the perfect summer meal.
This was from a couple weeks ago when my friends were here visiting and we made a chef chelc recipe feast. My Mom’s crab cakes, tomato peach caprese, lobster rolls, and this salad! It was a pretty epic meal if I do say so myself.
Grilled Corn Salad with Arugula and Charred Lime Vinaigrette
- 6-8 ears of corn (depending on size) , shucked
- 5 oz arugula
- 3 avocados, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, diced (or apx ½ cup chopped scallions)
- 3 limes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz crumbled feta (optional)
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Grill the corn for about 1 minute per side until it is nice and charred. While the corn is grilling, grill the limes flesh side down for about 1 minute. Remove both the corn and limes from the grill and allow to cool slightly.
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, squeeze the juice from the grilled limes. Add the olive oil, honey, and a large pinch of salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add it directly to the bowl with the dressing. Add in the arugula, red onion, and avocado. Toss everything together and season to taste with more salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
- This would be delicious served with your choice of grilled protein (chicken, shrimp, salmon, halibut, etc)
- If you want to spice it up a bit, feel free to add some cheese, some cherry tomatoes, maybe some fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, or parsley, whatever sounds good to you!
This salad has all the components. The crunchy onion, slightly bitter arugula, zesty dressing, creamy avocado, and sweet corn. So perfect! Feel free to get creative with it. Add in some fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, chives, parlsey), add some cherry tomatoes, throw in some feta cheese, maybe some toasted pine nuts. All would be delicious additions.
I hope you give this a try!