In case you are curious, I published today all the information on how to order a Chef Chelc Care Package! The link is here if you would like to order one!
For today’s recipe I figured we would stay with the crab theme today and share yet another dip recipe (can’t get away from them 😉 ) with my crab and artichoke dip!
This dip is extremely easy to make and is a HUGE crowd pleaser. I brought this to a NYE party this past year and the dip was devoured in about 5 minutes.
I love recipes that just are SO utterly delicious and yet come together super quickly.
This recipe starts by cooking a minced onion in some butter over low heat.
Then in a bowl add one pound of lump crab meat, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, 1 14oz can of artichoke hearts, and some fresh chopped parsley.
Once the onions have cooked on low heat for about 5 minutes, add in the onions, 1 8oz block of cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, sriracha, salt and pepper.
Carefully mix everything together, trying to not break up the crab meat too much.
Then place the mixture in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
You can really use any oven-proof dish. This was about a 9 by 6 inch baking dish. The best part about this dip is you can make it up to this step ahead of time, cover it and refrigerate it. Pull it out about 1 hour before you are ready to bake it and boom, done!
I like to serve the crab dip with some crostini. All I do for that is slice a baguette into thin slices, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes and that’s it! You can set it to the broil setting for about 1 minute after the 10 minutes is up if you want them to be a bit crispier. These can be done way ahead of time also and just served with the warm crab dip.
Gooey, SO flavorful, filled with a ton of crab meat and nice spice from the old bay. This dip is insane you guys. INSANE.
Crab and Artichoke Dip
Serves about 8 as an appetizer
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp sriracha (or calabrian chile paste)
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saute pan, add the butter and onion and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes. Just until the onion is nice and translucent.
- In a large bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients including the cooked onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in any small (think 8 by 8, 9 by 6, small round cast iron skillet) oven proof dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes until the top is brown and the mixture is nice and bubbly. Serve warm
- I like to serve this with small crostini. To make the crostini slice one baguette into thin slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet in an even layer and drizzle the slices with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Set aside until you’re ready to serve. These will keep in an airtight container for about 2 days.
- If you want to make this dip ahead of time, make it up until step 4 of the recipe. Cover and refrigerate. You can even do this up to 2 days in advance. Bring to room temperature before baking.
COME TO MAMA!! This stuff is good people. Almost too good to be true. This would be delicious alongside a steak if that’s your thing.
I hope you give this dip recipe a try!