Happy middle of June. Can time slow down, please?!?
I’ve been busy prepping for some dinner parties I have coming up. Here are some photos from recent private chef jobs I’ve done. As always, if you are interested in booking, visit the contact me page.
This was a dinner party I did last week. The first course was a Tuna Crudo with Avocado Mousse and Chili, second course was a Spring Green Salad with Grapefruit, Candied Pistachios, and Charred Radicchio, and the final course was a Seared Halibut with Cherry Tomato Sauce, Linguine and Clams, and Rosemary Garlic Focaccia.
I’m cooking for a family, bringing them meals every Monday for the duration of the summer. Here is what I made the past two weeks!
Second Week: Spiced Shrimp, Moroccan Quinoa, Leek Zucchini Fritters with Herb Yogurt Sauce, Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash Pomodoro, Chopped Greek Salad, Beet Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese, Parmesan Roasted Zucchini, Vegan Banana Bread Muffin Tops, Fruit.
The other night my friend came over for dinner, and she requested crab pasta. She requested it because my Mom makes the best crab pasta recipe ever. This recipe was slightly different than hers, but it was so simple and came together in about 20 minutes of prep and cook time. I didn’t take any step by step photos, but I had requests to still share the recipe on my blog. It was so delicious, and the perfect quick summer supper for last minute entertaining. Served with a simple salad that my friend Chloe put together and dinner was served.
Crab and Shrimp Calabrian Chili Pasta
- ½ pound pasta shape of choice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1-2 tbsp calabrian chili paste
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat, drained well.
- 4 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half
- ⅓ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a soup pot, heat water and boil pasta to al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, heat over medium high heat and add in 2 tbsp of butter and the olive oil. Add in the large and shallot and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, followed by a generous pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Stir over medium high heat, pushing down on the tomatoes slightly to release their juices. After about 3 minutes, add in the white wine. Cook until the wine burns off, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the lemon juice, zest, calabrian chili, and the seafood. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta directly to the saute pan with about ½ cup of pasta water. Add in the remaining butter and half of the fresh chopped herbs. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes until everything is combined. Taste for seasoning, serve immediately, garnishing with remaining fresh herbs.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!
I will be back with new recipes soon…I hope 🙂
XOXO Chef Chelc