If you haven’t heard yet, I launched my new fall care package line today! I will be running this care package through Thanksgiving so get your orders in!
One of the items featured in my fall care packages is this delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.
I will be honest though, I have had such a hard time finding canned pumpkin! Remember back in the beginning of quarantine (scary times man hah) when you couldn’t buy any flour or yeast anywhere?! Well apparently everyone is catching along to the pumpkin baking trend..I’ve been to about 3 grocery stores where pumpkin has been completely sold out! LIKE WHAT?! Mind boggling like me tell you. So anyways, if you can get your hands on a can of pumpkin, stock up, and then make this delicious bread!
This bread is super simple to make. It starts with mixing all the wet ingredients: eggs, pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
Mix until just combined and then add in the dry ingredients: flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
You can either mix this by hand or use a stand mixer. I just like an excuse to use my kitchen aid but it’s not necessary. The last step is to stir in the chocolate chips.
I used 4 mini loaf pans since that is what I use for my care packages. But this recipe makes one standard sized loaf pan as well. These are the mini loaf tins I bought if you’re interested.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Makes one standard loaf, or 4 mini loaves.
- 2 eggs
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the loaf pan generously with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper)
- Mix the wet ingredients together (eggs, pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract)
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt) mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the bread has risen and is fully cooked in the center. (to test this, take a knife and poke it through the center of the bread. If it comes out clean that means its done)
- If you don’t have coconut oil feel free to use canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, substitute 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp ground nutmeg, and ½ tsp ground cloves.
This bread is so flavorful and so delicious! The perfect fall baked treat. Just be sure to stock up on canned pumpkin when you see it! I hoarded about 6 cans from Wegmans..maybe I’m becoming a part of the problem hah!